4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup sugar
¼ cup Irish cream liqueur
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Irish Cream Frosting (recipe follows, optional)
- Beat 2 ounces softened cream cheese and 2 tablespoons softened butter in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in 2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur. Gradually beat in 1 ½ cups powdered sugar until smooth.
Makes 16 Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in medium heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in liqueur. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir just until blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until center is set. Remove pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Prepare Irish Cream Frosting, if desired. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until frosting is set.